With the popularity of dumpster rentals in Atlanta
and other areas of the country, it’s important to go over some common misconceptions. Roll-off dumpster rentals are being used for residential and commercial junk removal projects. While they might have been something construction companies used in the past, they are used by all types of people today.
However, homeowners and business owners might still be a bit hesitant to rent a dumpster. Residential dumpster rentals
might be growing in popularity, but there are still many misconceptions keeping people from gaining the benefits of a roll-off container.
If you’re considering a dumpster for yard waste
, a dumpster for concrete
, or simply a dumpster for decluttering your home
, make sure you don’t fall for the following five misconceptions about dumpster rentals.
Most Common 5 Misconceptions About Dumpster Rentals
Misconception #1 – Dumpster Rentals are Too Expensive
It’s a big fat assumption that is floating around out there, but dumpster rentals are not too expensive. It’s common for homeowners to think they will have to pay an arm and a leg to rent a dumpster. This causes many to try to rent a truck or borrow a truck to haul away their trash to the landfill.
However, cheap dumpster rentals
are offered from Waste Removal USA
. You don’t have to spend too much money when renting a roll-off dumpster for your junk removal project. With the right dumpster rental company,
you will get just what you need, for an affordable price.
The cost of a dumpster rental will begin at $299 and go up based on the size dumpster you need and the rental period for your project. It’s important to put the dumpster rental cost into perspective, however.
The smallest dumpster rental size (10 yards
) will hold 3 truckloads of trash. This means you would have to haul away your trash to the landfill three times if you don’t rent a dumpster. If you need a larger dumpster, it will hold even more and save you even more time, gas, and hassle compared to hauling away your trash to the landfill.
Misconception #2 – Renting a Dumpster Will Put Me on a Tight Timeline
Another very common myth you might hear when you talk about renting a dumpster is the timeline you will have to work within. Some dumpster rental companies may give you time constraints, but this isn’t the case with every roll-off dumpster rental service.
However, with a good dumpster rental service, you will get plenty of time to clean up. Extended roll-off rental periods are available, along with long-term dumpster rentals. Whether you’re taking on a large project or an ongoing project, you can get the right dumpster rental experience when you choose the best dumpster rental company
for your needs.
Misconception #3 – A Roll-Off Container Won’t Fit in My Driveway
This myth about roll-off rentals is simply not true unless your driveway is basically a small walking path. Most standard driveways can easily accommodate even a large dumpster rental
. To prove this myth false, let’s look at the dimensions of each size dumpster rental offered:
- 10-yard dumpster rentals – This size roll-off rental is about 3.5 feet tall by 7.5 feet wide and 14 feet long. If you can fit a four-door vehicle in your driveway, you can also fit this dumpster rental size.
- 15-yard dumpster rentals – Measuring about 4 feet tall by 7.5 feet wide by 16 feet long, this size dumpster will fit in a driveway if you can fit a normal pickup truck in your driveway.
- 20-yard dumpster rentals – If your driveway can accommodate an extended cab truck, this dumpster will also fit. It measures about 4.5 feet tall by 7.5 feet wide and 20 feet long.
- 30-yard dumpster rentals – While this is a larger dumpster rental, it only measures 6 feet tall by 7.5 feet wide and 22 feet long. You can fit it in your driveway if you can get an extended cap truck in your driveway.
- 40-yard dumpster rentals – The largest of the roll-off rental sizes, this dumpster measures 7.5 feet tall by 7.5 feet wide by 22 feet long. If you can fit an extended cab truck in your driveway, this dumpster will fit.
While very small driveways might not be able to accommodate the largest dumpster rental offered, you can likely get a dumpster rental in your driveway. Even if it won’t fit in your driveway or you have a steep driveway, you can rent a dumpster and have it placed on the street near your home or business.
Misconception #4 – Renting a Dumpster Will Make My Property Look Bad
Maybe you feel like using a dumpster rental for your residential trash will make your household look bad. However, the alternative is to have a pile of trash or bags of garbage in front of your home. Plus, most home dumpster rentals
look much better than you might think.
Remember, having a dumpster rental in your driveway is temporary, too. It will only be there until you’re done cleaning up the trash.
Misconception #5 – Dumpster Rentals Aren’t Environmentally-Friendly
This is a big myth that you don’t want to fall for. Dumpster rental companies often recycle as much as they can and they also make sure the trash goes where it should go. If you need a concrete dumpster rental, for example, it will go to a recycling center instead of the landfill. This can also be the case when getting rid of yard waste that can be mulched or composted.
Roll-off dumpster rentals are very environmentally friendly. You can use a dumpster rental to ensure you dispose of all your junk and trash the proper way.
Along with these dumpster rental misconceptions, you might also find the following myths:
- A dumpster rental will ruin my driveway – This is simply not the case. Dumpsters come with a weight limit and as long as you follow it, your driveway will be fine.
- Dumpster rentals are dirty – Actually, dumpsters are very clean and they are designed to help keep waste materials from taking up your property.
- It’s too hard to rent a dumpster – The process of renting a dumpster takes just a few minutes and it’s rather easy. You can even get an online dumpster rental quote to start the process.
- Finding a good dumpster rental company is difficult – There are many good dumpster rental companies located in large cities, such as Tampa, Dallas, and Chicago. Even in smaller markets, you can easily find a dumpster rental company online.
- Dumpster rentals are only for commercial projects – You can use a dumpster rental for any type of clean-up project, whether residential or commercial.
While these might be misconceptions that have kept you from renting a dumpster in the past, you know better now. It’s also important to keep in mind a few things to expect when you rent a dumpster.
What to Expect When You Rent a Roll-Off Dumpster
1. Size Matters
When you rent a dumpster for any type of project, the right roll-off rental size
is important. If you rent too large of a dumpster, you will pay more than necessary. However, if you choose a dumpster rental that is too small, you will likely need a second roll-off rental.
Make sure you use the online dumpster weight calculators
to figure out the right size dumpster for you. Of course, you should also speak with your dumpster rental provider to get their advice based on your waste removal project.
2. There are Some Restrictions
When you rent a roll-off dumpster, you will need to follow some dumpster rental restrictions
. Make sure you don’t overload your roll-off container. It’s important to keep your trash below the top lip of the container and within the weight limit. If you overload your dumpster, it could result in a trip fee.
3. You Might Need a Street Permit
In most cases, your roll-off dumpster will be placed in your driveway. However, if you don’t have a driveway or your driveway is too steep for a dumpster rental, it might have to go on the street.
Anytime a dumpster rental has to go on public property or will block public property, you might need a street permit
. It depends on your location and you will need to check with the building department for your area.
4. Hazardous Items are Not Allowed
Along with not overloading your dumpster, you will need to avoid tossing out hazardous materials. These materials are dangerous when transported and can cause harm to anybody that has to handle them. There is a proper way to dispose of hazardous items and they are not allowed in your roll-off dumpster rental.
If you’re ready to rent a dumpster for your junk removal project, we’re ready to help. Our team is available to answer any further questions you have and we can walk you through the very simple rental process. Of course, you can also start by getting an online quote